There are multiple types of RV Roofs:
- EPDM (Most common) made by Dicor
- Bri-Tek (EPDM only harder) also made by Dicor
- Metal roof
The roof is one of the least maintained parts of the RV but causes the most damage if a leak goes undetected. Maintenance is simple:
- Wash the roof at least once a year
- Check all of the lap sealant to ensure its not cracked, missing, or hard. Replace or add as needed.
- Check for cuts, rips, gaps, etc… and use eternabond tape, etc… to seal up the surface
- Check around A/C’s area for pooling water
- Verify around End Caps and Edges that there is no pooling water
Check out the images to the right. They are of roofs that are in need of replacing .
The following are must read articles on the Roof: